Recent Mood

Fashion fashion fashion. Is there anything else that matters?

dinsdag 5 april 2011

Friends with benefits (read before you judge)

Hello my dear readers,

Today I have a very special something I want to talk about:
Friends with benefits. Now I hear most of you thinking: Omg she wants to talk about having 18+ action with friends/no strings attached. Think again.
No, the Friends with benefits I want to talk about is something completely different then that.

I actually though this up thanks to a friend, to whom I talked with about relations, and of course the sweet messages I got from my dear readers.

When talking to my friend about relations, I told him I kind of think some couples are prisoners of they're relations (my opinion, my view). They must see each other every week/weekend, they have to spend all they're spare time talking on the phone/text messaging/on chat. I got a really strong dislike for must's and have to's. I told him I would like my (future) relations to be more like friends with benefits. Of course his first reaction was "yea, my too, but nobody is really open to that." which is true, if you think of the 18+ kind of "friends with benefits". But, to me, those kind of 18+ things don't really matter, they are not why I want to have a relationship with someone. If I wanted just that I'd take a one night stand or something. All I really want is being loved, love in return, have fun, cuddle, joke, laugh, cuddle some more, hug, laugh some more and those kind of things. To me, those things are already benefits to friendship. Or relationships if the emotion love is involved.

I looked the meaning of "benefit" up in the dictionary to make my point. What is a benefit?
1. something that is advantageous or good; an advantage
2. a payment or gift, as one made to help someone
3. an act of kindness; good deed; benefaction
4. to do good to; be of service to
(source)

So in my opinion friend who hug me, talk to me, have fun with me, laugh with me, who make me feel comfortable are already kind of friends with benefits. Every friend has they're own benefit, if you really look at it.

So to all my dear readers who leave me sweet comments: Thank you for being my friend with benefits.
To all my friends at school: Thank you for being my friend with benefits.
To my future friends: thank you for being my friend with benefits.
And to my future love involved relationship: Thank you for being my friend with benefits who loves me for who I am.

Just me doing an other little rant.
Now I kind of do wonder what your opinion is about this?! Don't be shy and leave a message!

Until next time~

2 opmerkingen:

  1. "They must see each other every week/weekend, they have to spend all they're spare time talking on the phone/text messaging/on chat. I got a really strong dislike for must's and have to's."

    Hmmm :P it would never be what i would look for in a relationship :P
    i doubt that would make the other one happy ... cause im pretty bad at must and have to's ..
    Its the reason some "family' hardly see me cause they tried to pressure me so i have to come ... now i hardly come by there any more...

    "those kind of 18+ things don't really matter, they are not why I want to have a relationship with someone"

    Its a great subject to create movies.... but i think what your friend means wouldn't work for me >_<

    its feeling good without the long lasting feeling of love ....

    I mostly agree to you :P i personally see trust and be trusted as something important in a friend/relationship :)

    Its not entirely how i wanted to respond >_< but this is the best i can do for now xD

    Groetjes cristiaan,

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. or you be like me and the missus ;)
    Remember, relationship does not explicit monogamy.

    - Temko Firewing

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen